Voix
    Changing Screen Brightness on MBP Running XP
    I've been running my MBP on Windows after a successful Bootcamp install. One thing, though, is that the screen is always at its brightest setting. This is the LCD backlight, not the "brightness" or "gamma" settings in the ATI control panel.

The F1/F2 buttons, which change the screen brightness in OSX, are doing nothing to the screen brightness while running XP. Anyone else experiencing this behavior, or have a fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Voix
    I've been running my MBP on Windows after a successful Bootcamp install. One thing, though, is that the screen is always at its brightest setting. This is the LCD backlight, not the "brightness" or "gamma" settings in the ATI control panel.

The F1/F2 buttons, which change the screen brightness in OSX, are doing nothing to the screen brightness while running XP. Anyone else experiencing this behavior, or have a fix?
    I dont have BootCamp but was in CompUsa yesterday messing around with it. I noticed that in the taskbar at the lower right hand corner I saw an icon that looked liked a monitor. When I clicked on it I was able to control the brightness for the screen.
    17" 2.4 ghz MacBook Pro
    2 GB RAM

Voix
    Quote Originally Posted by pdditty
    I dont have BootCamp but was in CompUsa yesterday messing around with it. I noticed that in the taskbar at the lower right hand corner I saw an icon that looked liked a monitor. When I clicked on it I was able to control the brightness for the screen.
    Brilliant, that did it -- thank you for responding.

Press CTRL+SHIFT+F2 or CTRL+SHIFT+F3

Quote Originally Posted by Voix

Try this:
    When in Windows, there's an icon in the lower tray that represents Boot Camp. Right click on it and go to the Boot Camp control panel. There you'll find an option for how to set up the "f" keys.

Thread Information