New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

MacBook Pro - Poll - MacBook Pro Problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Harryc

This is just an informal poll to see how many of you are having one or more of the problems reported so far on the MBP.
QUOTE Thanks
Meddie600rr

Just so far I noticed a slight buzz from the left side of the keyboard...knock on wood.
QUOTE Thanks
Harryc

Since I got my MBP yesterday, I am able to add to this poll as well. I have the Airport disconnects on battery issue. People on various forums keep saying it's an Airport firmware problem, but I am not convinced. It seems to me that if it does not occur with the power charger plugged in, then it is most likely a power management issue.

Edit: Oh, before I forget, I also ran into a bunch of folks at apple.com forums that reported an inability to read or burn a DVD in the MBP's new drive. So, if you have that problem please just post it here. We ran out of poll options, the maximum is 10. That is not a good news statement for the MBP.
QUOTE Thanks
AlexN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryc
I have the Airport disconnects on battery issue. People on various forums keep saying it's an Airport firmware problem, but I am not convinced. It seems to me that if it does not occur with the power charger plugged in, then it is most likely a power management issue.
It happens to me even when it's plugged. The airport drop happens quite randomly. I really hope a simple firmware update will solve the problem.
QUOTE Thanks
Harryc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexN
It happens to me even when it's plugged. The airport drop happens quite randomly. I really hope a simple firmware update will solve the problem.
I'm with you there. I think this will turn out to be the much more common MBP problem.
QUOTE Thanks
LastZion

LastZion is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.53, 4Gigs Ram, 320 HD, Snow Leopard, 500 Gig Time Capsule, 32 Gig White 3GS

So far I am good.
A few software problems, but I re-installed and its all good
/me is glad I don't have the buzz (knock on wood)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« a bargain..or wait it out | Any benefit in upgrading RAM over 1gb? »