New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Payment via UK Apple Finance?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

will3k

Im hoping to collect some advice from everybody before purchasing my Mac.
Firstly, I'm going to get either a MacMini or MacBook Pro (macbook prefered) for University later this year.

So, as a student, I don't have the money to pay off right away, but I will get a discount.

You may be aware that Apple, in the UK, offers a Finance scheme to pay off the cost of the Mac during a avg. 36 month period, but has anyone tried this? Is it worth it when I'll be paying APR (intrest) after each year?

What do you guys think about Apple's Consumer Credit Programme???

Debt is a students way of life in the UK but the Mac is for my career! :black:

Thank you.
Will
QUOTE Thanks
Everett

Everett is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4 17", 1.67GHz, 2GB RAM, 120 GB HDD. Ipod 20GB

Hi,

I was going to get my powerBook on their finance but I went against it because I would be paying too much over the loan period. Instead I took it out on my credit card which has 9mnth insterest free on it. If I havent finished paying off for it, then i will get another card. Its ridiculous how much the apr is on the apple finance. I wouldnt recommend that you get it from them. Get one of those credit cards with a long interest free period.
QUOTE Thanks
Say_Cheese

Say_Cheese has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz

When I went to buy my iMac I asked about the Apple finance plan. The sales assistant told me that it was not worth it. She personally hated recommending it. I rang my credit card company there and then from the Apple store (they even let me use their phone.) I got 0.9% on the Balance transfer for 7months. That is soooooo much cheaper than the Apple finance deal. I would hunt around if I were you.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can I leave the back-lit light always on? | You people.... »