New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Which Mac Notebook works is good for video editing?

Thread Closed

anatasyaluke

anatasyaluke is on a distinguished road

I'm in the market for a Mac notebook, I've only ever used mac desktops but I'm looking to buy a notebook because

I'm going to college soon, I love editing movies on final cut pro as well.
I'm also looking for the best value, any suggestions?

Last edited by bobtomay; 06-19-2014 at 01:45 PM.
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Keep away from the Mac Book Airs.
The after that any MacBook pro with 8GB Memory will do you and I wouldn't worry about the Processor speed, because between 2.6'and 2.9 Ghz is negligble.

Then all you have to worry about is what sized screen your after. I have a 2012 13"MBP and put a SSD into it, and it handle PS CC 3D and FCP and Motion 5 without any problems..
Knowing all this buy the best you can afford and you will be fine.
Don't worry about a SSD because that will up the substantially and the normal HD will still hold up the the processing you will do.

My 2¢

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
Algus

Algus will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.5 ghz i5, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD (5200 RPM)

The MBA uses a low voltage i5 and while it is a perfectly good processor for daily tasks: office work, browsing, etc. anything processor intensive will bog it down. It actually benchmarks close to the rMBP's base i5, though the rMBP has a much higher clock speed which matters for Final Cut Pro. It also has TurboBoost which is a big help Bumping to the 2.6 Ghz i5 is a smart buy as it benchmarks significantly higher than the MBA processors and somewhat higher than the base i5, but probably not necessary if you're just a hobbyist.

For the rest of your budget, I definitely recommend loading up on RAM if you can. It's soldered now so this will be your one chance to get it. The $1499 SKU is ideal if you can swing it. Even if you bump the processor, you're still paying $200 less with the only real difference being that you only get 256 GB of internal storage (not a big deal as Thunderbolt makes for great external storage)

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Sorry guys…OP is a spammer. Thread closed.

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

And the hidden links removed

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Thread Closed

« late 2009 macbook problems PLEASE HELP !! | Seeking Help with Connecting MacBook to TV »