New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Early 2011 MacBook Pro problems.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DB 78

DB 78 is on a distinguished road

I got my MacBook Pro in July 2011 and one month in it keeps over heating and crashing so I took to the apple store and replace the LB and its fine until the screen start going black in 2014 and on Memorial Day I was mirroring with Apple TV and it start over heating I shut it down and when I start it up back my screen is divided in two with a vertical line and how fix it or I have to take it the store again.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

I know that it's a pain in the butt...but if you still have Apple care remaining...I would take it back to the Apple Store.

On the other hand...if your MBP's fan is not working properly (busted)...or is clogged with dirt...this a relatively easy matter to remedy.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
DB 78

I dont have apple care and the fan is working I believe its a gpu problem from mirroring cause it to over heat but I have to the store.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 78 View Post
I dont have apple care and the fan is working I believe its a gpu problem from mirroring cause it to over heat but I have to the store.
This overheating problem is really not a common issue with 2011 MBP's. So if it truly is overheating & crashing...and the fan is working properly as you mentioned...then:

- it could still be dirty inside
- the computer is not receiving adequate ventilation
- or maybe you do have some sort of an unfortunate/uncommon hardware issue

* Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
DB 78

Yeah I believe I have replace the logic board again.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 78 View Post
Yeah I believe I have replace the logic board again.
You don't want to have to do that...$$$!

If this is the case...and since you have had the LB replaced once. I would certainly bring this to the attention of the Apple folks. Maybe they will replace the LB again for free...or at a greatly reduced price. Never know.

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
DB 78

Oh ok.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Is there a thunderbolt to HDMI adapter for a Macbook Pro? | New Macbook pro - Transfer everything from my old MBP »