New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - 2nd Thoughts

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Habitualmusic

Well Ive been reading alot of forums and articles on the MacBook and well I m starting to have 2nd thoughts. The performance I really like but **** the price! I have the money but as a college student cash is hard to come by. The way I was looking at it is it would be a good investment because macs hold there value over pc and down the road ill they ill get a better resale value. Can anyone confirm this? I wiil be using a new lap top for school/work/music and Id like to have to not purchase another unit for at least 3 years. I would also like a unit to replace my aging desktop. What u guys think about the toshiba's pretty solid? how they compare to the mac book I.E. Speed Graphics Reliability.

Any help would be great because as of now Im sold on the hype of the new MacBooks. :ninja:
QUOTE Thanks
Discerptor

Discerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitualmusic
Well Ive been reading alot of forums and articles on the MacBook and well I m starting to have 2nd thoughts. The performance I really like but **** the price! I have the money but as a college student cash is hard to come by. The way I was looking at it is it would be a good investment because macs hold there value over pc and down the road ill they ill get a better resale value. Can anyone confirm this? I wiil be using a new lap top for school/work/music and Id like to have to not purchase another unit for at least 3 years. I would also like a unit to replace my aging desktop. What u guys think about the toshiba's pretty solid? how they compare to the mac book I.E. Speed Graphics Reliability.

Any help would be great because as of now Im sold on the hype of the new MacBooks. :ninja:
macs do hold their values better than PCs do. This is evidenced by the fact that you see 1 GHz PowerBooks still going for $800 on eBay. The MacBook Pro should future-insulate you pretty well unless you're big into the 64-bit thing. Toshibas are excellent laptops in general and how they compare to the MacBook Pro hardware-wise depends on which one you get. I think it' safe to say, though, that you won't find a better laptop than the macBook pro hardware-wise TODAY simply because it uses Intel's latest chip and ATI's latest mobile video card.
QUOTE Thanks
quicksilver

quicksilver will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch

I agree. I've just ordered a MBP, and (after 4 weeks coz of the waiting list!!!) I'm sure I'll be very happy with it!

I had a play with one in my local Apple Retailer, and I was blown away. And as said, the chip is the latest Intel technology, so it should last you a few years yet! At the end of the day, PC's have been hovering around 3GHz for a while now.

Oh...and only pretty girls use Macs...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Closing Latch Hook | Slowed Down!! »