New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro fails to start up, faint green charge light!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

krissy

krissy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Air 13-inch dual-core i7 1.7GHz/8GB/256GB flash. iPhone 4 16GB. iPad mini retina 16GB....

Hello

My sister's MB pro has decided to stop working. She got it early this year and whilst she was working if cut off and failed to start up.

Also, the charger when plugged in displays a really faint, flickering green charge light.

Read about an tried an SMC reset, that didn't work.

I'm assuming this is a hardware issue and we should take it to an Apple store?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissy View Post
Read about an tried an SMC reset, that didn't work.

I'm assuming this is a hardware issue and we should take it to an Apple store?
If the SMC Reset didn't work...and you still have remaining Applecare...taking it to your nearest Apple Store is probably best.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
krissy

Mac Specs: MacBook Air 13-inch dual-core i7 1.7GHz/8GB/256GB flash. iPhone 4 16GB. iPad mini retina 16GB....

Thanks Nick, it's still covered under AppleCare so will definitely take it to a store.

I don't have any proper tools to attempt to fix this and don't want to void any warranty either.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissy View Post
Thanks Nick, it's still covered under AppleCare so will definitely take it to a store.

I don't have any proper tools to attempt to fix this and don't want to void any warranty either.
There's not a whole lot that an end-user can do on the inside of a newer model MacBook Pro. Apple has pretty much designed things...where if just about anything is wrong...the logic board needs replacing (very expensive). And since the problem could be power related (and the SMC Reset didn't work)...taking it to Apple is best.

The smart thing is to have Apple examine it...and repair it (if necessary)...for free. Maybe a bit of a hassle to go to the store...but worth it.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
krissy

Thanks again, wouldn't feel comfortable poking around inside it anyway. Best left to the pros @ the Apple Store.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Toasted MacBook Pro. Apple store/ care experience? | New HDD only bootable via USB »