New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

PowerBook - when did powerbooks get dual-link DVI?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gort

gort is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema

I was always under the impression that the powerbook G4's couldn't support the 30 inch display. I was browsing apple.com today and it says this:

Quote:
Display your work
The 15-inch and 17-inch PowerBooks come with 128MB of graphics memory and dual-link DVI to support the massive 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display. With a mini-DVI to DVI adapter, even the 12-inch PowerBook with 64MB of dedicated graphics memory connects to the 20-inch or 23-inch Cinema Display.

Have they always had this or was this included in the most recent update to the powerbooks?
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

I don't know when the added this, but I have it in mine and mine is over a year old (1.5ghz powerbook) I think it was added well before that how ever.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
gort

How can one tell if they have the dual-link? I have a cinema display hooked up to my powerbook G4 1.5ghz (bought august 2004) but it's the 20". I have 128mb ram on the video as well.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

i believe you have it..

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

If you have 128MB VRAM in a 1.5Ghz 15in PB, then you have dual link. The 1.5Ghz 15in PB was the first 15in model to offer dual link as a BTO option.
QUOTE Thanks
gort

Thanks guys!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iBook Question | Best place to get RAM »