12-11-2003, 08:09 PM #1iKwakGuestAt the process of installing AE card (Need Help)
This is for a G4 iBook 12".
1) I have removed the battery.
2) Flipped the iBook and removed the keyboard.
3) I can see the open slot for the airport extreme card.
4) I see the metal clip and one wire that I have connected to the AE card.
5) I understand that the side that says "Airport Extreme" needs to be facing me. Therefore, the the hole that connects with the wire is on the top right.
I do not know to work with the clips. It wouldn't budge.
Can someone provide me with more instructions? The Apple support page is not doing it for the newbie.
12-11-2003, 08:15 PM #2iKwakGuest
In the Apple installation instruction pdf, #3 says "Remove the Metal clip and pull the Airport Card from the iMac Airport Adapter card. The adapter and clip are not used with the iBook."
Don't know why that instruction is in the ibook installation guide. Doesn't concern me, right?
12-11-2003, 08:19 PM #3
- Member Since
- Jul 22, 2003
- Hamilton College
- 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
12-12-2003, 07:00 PM #4iKwakGuest
I found the link http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=26277
Does the entire green section of the AE card suppose to go into the slot or only partial?
I got it in but unable to fit the green section completely in. Need to know if I need to put more effort and squeeze it or not.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By ImageX in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 9Last Post: 09-28-2010, 05:16 PM
By robhsmac in forum Running Windows (or anything else) on your MacReplies: 16Last Post: 01-07-2009, 05:58 PM
By Bilobrkster in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 5Last Post: 03-12-2007, 11:43 AM
By robghosh in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 3Last Post: 07-11-2006, 10:11 AM
By ApplejustWorks in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 4Last Post: 04-01-2004, 09:34 PM