New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

PowerBook - 12" PowerBook or 14" iBook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor
The iBook is a far better buy, and I'd rather have the durable design, extra screen space and battery life than a slightly better video card.

You don't really get any extra screen space, it is the same resolution so it really doesn't 'hold' more, it just makes everything bigger.

I would go PowerBook.
QUOTE Thanks
ForeverG5

I have to say the PowerBook actually because it has a faster processor, sharper screen and hotter look to it. You'll enjoy the 12" size more anyway. Good luck with your choice.
QUOTE Thanks
youthpastor

youthpastor will become famous soon enough

I vote for the PowerBook...just an overall better system in my opinion.

New MacBookPro | 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo |2 GB RAMMac OS X Leopard Version 10.5.5 | iPod Touch 8 GB | iPod Classic 80 GB
QUOTE Thanks
juventusfc99

juventusfc99 is an unknown at this point

Ok I think I've decided to go with the 12" PowerBook. Now I have a question about buying it. I've been looking on www.pricegrabber.com and some of those stores have the PB for like $200 less than the Apple store.
They say:
This product is brand new and comes complete with all manufacturer supplied accessories. USA warranty IS included.

So what's the catch with that, anybody?
QUOTE Thanks
apple_power

Location: London, Germany, USA, France, Holland, Belgium, Canada
apple_power is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Too many to list but have the latest to oldest macs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juventusfc99
Ok I think I've decided to go with the 12" PowerBook. Now I have a question about buying it. I've been looking on www.pricegrabber.com and some of those stores have the PB for like $200 less than the Apple store.
They say:
This product is brand new and comes complete with all manufacturer supplied accessories. USA warranty IS included.

So what's the catch with that, anybody?
Have you tried an apple refurb, they are practically like new and get same guarrentte and you can save a small fortune.

Who dare's wins... :ninja:
QUOTE Thanks
ForeverG5

Try Apple Refurb First. Then this other source. Although, the price difference ($200) really doesn't make me think it's a scam or anything. Sounds okay to me.
QUOTE Thanks
juventusfc99

juventusfc99 is an unknown at this point

Where can I look at Apple refurb computers online?
QUOTE Thanks
apple_power

Location: London, Germany, USA, France, Holland, Belgium, Canada
apple_power is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Too many to list but have the latest to oldest macs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juventusfc99
Where can I look at Apple refurb computers online?

Hi there try here if in the USA

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...3.1.1.0?40,110

You can get some fantastic deals.

I hope this helps you,
Sayem

Who dare's wins... :ninja:
QUOTE Thanks
ghettochild

ghettochild is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 17" PB G4 1.67GHz DL

lol, I wonder when people learn that apple online store sessions expire after a few minutes.. thus posting links to the store is useless.

anyways, I'd advocate against refurbished models. I personally know two people who had major probs w/ refurbished apple products plus I've read countless posts on bulletin boards like this one about similar probs.
QUOTE Thanks
PaRaGoNViCtiM

Good Decision! I had a 12" iBook, and I just could not get down with it. I thought compared to the Powerbook the feel and look of the iBook paled in comparison. I sold my iBook and got a 15" PB, I was very happy with it, but I'm a college student and needed the extra portability the 12" PB offered, so I got that, and I'm very happy with it!!! Powerbook all the way!!
QUOTE Thanks
notoriousformul

Definitely get a Powerbook.. I'm a recent switcher(3 days now ) I was using an IBM X31 before and i thought the keyboard was great on it.. But PB's keyboard beats IBM's keyboard all hands down .. I got this 12" Powerbook G4 1.33Ghz 768Mb 80Gb Toshiba 16Mb Cache, FX 5200 64Mb ram from a friend who got the new MBP..

GL! :mac:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Clean PowerBook screen | HD Problems? Fixed..but they must have broke something!!! »