Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Discerptor
    The iBook is a far better buy, and I'd rather have the durable design, extra screen space and battery life than a slightly better video card.

You don't really get any extra screen space, it is the same resolution so it really doesn't 'hold' more, it just makes everything bigger.

I would go PowerBook.

ForeverG5
    I have to say the PowerBook actually because it has a faster processor, sharper screen and hotter look to it. You'll enjoy the 12" size more anyway. Good luck with your choice.

I vote for the PowerBook...just an overall better system in my opinion.
    New MacBookPro | 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo |2 GB RAMMac OS X Leopard Version 10.5.5 | iPod Touch 8 GB | iPod Classic 80 GB

Ok I think I've decided to go with the 12" PowerBook. Now I have a question about buying it. I've been looking on www.pricegrabber.com and some of those stores have the PB for like $200 less than the Apple store.
    They say:
    This product is brand new and comes complete with all manufacturer supplied accessories. USA warranty IS included.

So what's the catch with that, anybody?

London, Germany, USA, France, Holland, Belgium, Canada
    Specs:
    Too many to list but have the latest to oldest macs.
    Quote Originally Posted by juventusfc99
    Ok I think I've decided to go with the 12" PowerBook. Now I have a question about buying it. I've been looking on www.pricegrabber.com and some of those stores have the PB for like $200 less than the Apple store.
    They say:
    This product is brand new and comes complete with all manufacturer supplied accessories. USA warranty IS included.

So what's the catch with that, anybody?
    Have you tried an apple refurb, they are practically like new and get same guarrentte and you can save a small fortune.
    Who dare's wins... :ninja:

ForeverG5
    Try Apple Refurb First. Then this other source. Although, the price difference ($200) really doesn't make me think it's a scam or anything. Sounds okay to me.

Where can I look at Apple refurb computers online?

London, Germany, USA, France, Holland, Belgium, Canada
    Specs:
    Too many to list but have the latest to oldest macs.
    Quote Originally Posted by juventusfc99
    Where can I look at Apple refurb computers online?

Hi there try here if in the USA

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...3.1.1.0?40,110

You can get some fantastic deals.

I hope this helps you,
    Sayem
    Who dare's wins... :ninja:

Specs:
    17" PB G4 1.67GHz DL
    lol, I wonder when people learn that apple online store sessions expire after a few minutes.. thus posting links to the store is useless.

anyways, I'd advocate against refurbished models. I personally know two people who had major probs w/ refurbished apple products plus I've read countless posts on bulletin boards like this one about similar probs.

PaRaGoNViCtiM
    Good Decision! I had a 12" iBook, and I just could not get down with it. I thought compared to the Powerbook the feel and look of the iBook paled in comparison. I sold my iBook and got a 15" PB, I was very happy with it, but I'm a college student and needed the extra portability the 12" PB offered, so I got that, and I'm very happy with it!!! Powerbook all the way!!

notoriousformul
    Definitely get a Powerbook.. I'm a recent switcher(3 days now ) I was using an IBM X31 before and i thought the keyboard was great on it.. But PB's keyboard beats IBM's keyboard all hands down .. I got this 12" Powerbook G4 1.33Ghz 768Mb 80Gb Toshiba 16Mb Cache, FX 5200 64Mb ram from a friend who got the new MBP..

GL! :mac:

Thread Information