airline1
    Is my used 1.33 a good deal?
    Have bought an iBook 1.33 14.1" with airport extreme, combo drive. In as new condition and with a load of software inc photoshop 8, office 2004 all with discs.

Bit late to ask the question :black: but having paid 645 ($1000) have I got a reasonably good deal.

I have always been a PC user and I am considering switching to the mac pro, but wanted to get a feel for the apple system before blowing 1800.

It also comes with a few games inc Medal of Honour, will this work ok on this machine or does the ibook lag a bit when it comes to games.

Also, if I were to upgrade the ram to 1 gig, can I just buy any PC2100 DDR266 or does it have to be Apple specific?

Cheers
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by airline1
    Also, if I were to upgrade the ram to 1 gig, can I just buy any PC2100 DDR266 or does it have to be Apple specific?
    It doesn't need to be Apple specific.

I think that would have been a good deal even if it didn't come with legit versions of all that software.

Specs:
    Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
    Sounds like you got a good deal for an ibook with a 14" screen and all those extra software progams! Congrats on switching to the mac!
    Report offensive posts
    Don't forget to use the rep system!

London, Germany, USA, France, Holland, Belgium, Canada
    Specs:
    Too many to list but have the latest to oldest macs.
    Hi airline,

taht si nota bad deal taking into account softwrae. Other wise I would have adviced an apple 14" refrub of the latest version for 670 approx. Also as I guess you are from the Uk try crucial they are really grat and even have aguide to which ram you need. But make sure you get minium 512 as tiger nned s 512 to run ok. I find personal preferance. also the ram is a cinch to put in.

You could also try ebuyer they do cheap laptop memory.

As for games on my ibooks I run command and conquer generals but you really need the ram then as it slows down a lot.

What plays well is warcraft 3
    age of mythology
    halo
    risk 2 using os9
    rise of nations gold
    tiger woods golf
    and a few other games but definatly upgrade ram helps a lot when playing games.
    Who dare's wins... :ninja:

DigitalN.
    Quote Originally Posted by apple_power
    Hi airline,

taht si nota bad deal taking into account softwrae. Other wise I would have adviced an apple 14" refrub of the latest version for 670 approx. Also as I guess you are from the Uk try crucial they are really grat and even have aguide to which ram you need. But make sure you get minium 512 as tiger nned s 512 to run ok. I find personal preferance. also the ram is a cinch to put in.

You could also try ebuyer they do cheap laptop memory.

As for games on my ibooks I run command and conquer generals but you really need the ram then as it slows down a lot.

What plays well is warcraft 3
    age of mythology
    halo
    risk 2 using os9
    rise of nations gold
    tiger woods golf
    and a few other games but definatly upgrade ram helps a lot when playing games.
    hate to break it to ya, but Halo does not run well.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalN.
    hate to break it to ya, but Halo does not run well.
    Actually halo runs quite well if you have 1.5gb ram and also dont max out your settings. Try adjusting your settings.

airline1
    Thanks for the replies.

Not knowing anything about Macs its good to hear I have paid a good price for it.
    It has 512mb ram installed, but I am watching a 1gig of micron on ebay so may bid on that if it looks like its going to sell for a sensible price. I checked crucials site but they are asking 117.
    Have also just bought off amazon the 'missing manual' for tiger, so hopefully that will get me started with the 'conversion'.

Im sure I will be back with the usual newbie questions, but promise to use the search function first !! :black:

Cheers
    Dave

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by airline1
    Thanks for the replies.

Not knowing anything about Macs its good to hear I have paid a good price for it.
    It has 512mb ram installed, but I am watching a 1gig of micron on ebay so may bid on that if it looks like its going to sell for a sensible price. I checked crucials site but they are asking 117.
    Have also just bought off amazon the 'missing manual' for tiger, so hopefully that will get me started with the 'conversion'.

Im sure I will be back with the usual newbie questions, but promise to use the search function first !! :black:

Cheers
    Dave

Dave,

You can get a 1gig stick from ebuyer for 90.16 plus delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalN.
    but Halo does not run well.
    I am going to have to agree. The iBook is kind of a turd when it comes to newer games.

Thread Information