Thread: New powerbook

awu_gigabyte
    New powerbook
    Hey everyone.

I just got my 15 inch powerbook replaced with the new model, and either i'm stupid, or they have removed the option in energy savings to put the processor to either highest, automatic, or reduced. Anyone know where they put this option?

Thanks.

Biturbo V12 AMG
    go to system preferences then click energy saver and you can chose for with AC power adapter and without settings. Another way is to click on the battery level icon on the top right on your menu bar and under that you can chose power settings.

awu_gigabyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Biturbo V12 AMG
    go to system preferences then click energy saver and you can chose for with AC power adapter and without settings. Another way is to click on the battery level icon on the top right on your menu bar and under that you can chose power settings.
    yea i did that. but the option is not there.

Biturbo V12 AMG
    mmmm... yea your missing a tab below.. odd i have tiger 10.4.5 and i have the ability to set processor speed from auto, reduced, max.

you see where your purple ? mark is, my processor setting is located to the left of that on the same level. see what happens when you click on the ?
    the only thing i can suggest is to repair permission.

awu_gigabyte
    Yea my old powerbook had that too.

Clicking the ? brings up the help menu, which says i should beable to control it...repairing permissions doesn't help either

Thread Information