LeaPod
    Unhappy Printer Share Blues...
    :yinyang: Love the forum! I just got a PowerBook G4 for my lovely wife. I'm having problems with networking though. I have a wired/wireless network set up with my PCs, and our printer/scanner is connected to my pc. I tried to connect to my printer over the network, and I can see it, but I don't have any drivers for my specific printer nor can I print to it, I get an "Error while Printing" error. Any thoughts on how to fix this issue? Or do I have to get a print server?

Specs:
    2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
    you may find some GIMP drivers for the printer in question. I don't think you need a print server. Also check the manufacturer's site for OSX compatible drivers; if not, search for GIMP printer drivers. My printer was not covered driver wise by Panther so I found a GIMP driver that covered it. Good luck. Keep us posted.

Specs:
    2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaPod
    :yinyang: Love the forum! I just got a PowerBook G4 for my lovely wife. I'm having problems with networking though. I have a wired/wireless network set up with my PCs, and our printer/scanner is connected to my pc. I tried to connect to my printer over the network, and I can see it, but I don't have any drivers for my specific printer nor can I print to it, I get an "Error while Printing" error. Any thoughts on how to fix this issue? Or do I have to get a print server?
    What is the exact printer model? Also, you can install additional printer drivers right in Mac OS X from the first install disc.

LeaPod
    Sorry, I forgot to put in the printer type. It's an HP PSC 1510 All-In-One. I checked their site, and I tried installing their driver install stuff, but I think it's for direct USB connection.

Specs:
    2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaPod
    Sorry, I forgot to put in the printer type. It's an HP PSC 1510 All-In-One. I checked their site, and I tried installing their driver install stuff, but I think it's for direct USB connection.
    I use the PSC 1610 All-In-One, so this shouldn't be an issue. Now you're saying it's connected to your actual network via an ethernet connection, right? Okay, pop in mac OS X Install Disc 1 and there should be something in there called "Install Additional software." Look specifically for the HP printer drivers and see if that helps.

LeaPod
    Sorry for the bump, i've been on vaca for a week away from my home network. So I got the disk and installed the new drivrs, but still canna get it to work... :bandage:

Thread Information