New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

PowerBook - Printer Share Blues...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

LeaPod

:yinyang: Love the forum! I just got a PowerBook G4 for my lovely wife. I'm having problems with networking though. I have a wired/wireless network set up with my PCs, and our printer/scanner is connected to my pc. I tried to connect to my printer over the network, and I can see it, but I don't have any drivers for my specific printer nor can I print to it, I get an "Error while Printing" error. Any thoughts on how to fix this issue? Or do I have to get a print server?
QUOTE Thanks
deus_ex_machina

deus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9

you may find some GIMP drivers for the printer in question. I don't think you need a print server. Also check the manufacturer's site for OSX compatible drivers; if not, search for GIMP printer drivers. My printer was not covered driver wise by Panther so I found a GIMP driver that covered it. Good luck. Keep us posted.
QUOTE Thanks
Discerptor

Discerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaPod
:yinyang: Love the forum! I just got a PowerBook G4 for my lovely wife. I'm having problems with networking though. I have a wired/wireless network set up with my PCs, and our printer/scanner is connected to my pc. I tried to connect to my printer over the network, and I can see it, but I don't have any drivers for my specific printer nor can I print to it, I get an "Error while Printing" error. Any thoughts on how to fix this issue? Or do I have to get a print server?
What is the exact printer model? Also, you can install additional printer drivers right in Mac OS X from the first install disc.
QUOTE Thanks
LeaPod

Sorry, I forgot to put in the printer type. It's an HP PSC 1510 All-In-One. I checked their site, and I tried installing their driver install stuff, but I think it's for direct USB connection.
QUOTE Thanks
Discerptor

Discerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaPod
Sorry, I forgot to put in the printer type. It's an HP PSC 1510 All-In-One. I checked their site, and I tried installing their driver install stuff, but I think it's for direct USB connection.
I use the PSC 1610 All-In-One, so this shouldn't be an issue. Now you're saying it's connected to your actual network via an ethernet connection, right? Okay, pop in mac OS X Install Disc 1 and there should be something in there called "Install Additional software." Look specifically for the HP printer drivers and see if that helps.
QUOTE Thanks
LeaPod

Sorry for the bump, i've been on vaca for a week away from my home network. So I got the disk and installed the new drivrs, but still canna get it to work... :bandage:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook Pro or no Pro? | My Powerbook has lost the ability to.... »