loserpunk
    Problem w/ Powerbook G4 Titanium
    first off i'm not sure this is in the right section so any mod feel free to move this if necessary

ok, i can sum up the problem pretty quick, my powerbook titanium 1ghz model freezes while doing almost anything.....unplugged/plugged in, starting up, running programs, even just sitting there w/ the screen saver on, sitting on a desk or being moved around

i've done a clean install of mac OS X and gotten rid of everything and it still freezes just as often which can range from once a day...to every 2 minutes

any suggestions......i know taking it to the mac store would probably be best, but i'm super short on cash right now so i doubt that's a possibility

Specs:
    MacBook
    What version of OS X are you running?

How much RAM is in the machine?

Have you tried repairing permissions?

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

loserpunk
    it's running tiger, and it's got a gig of ram...i don't know what repairing permissions is

chrisb2999
    Quote Originally Posted by loserpunk
    first off i'm not sure this is in the right section so any mod feel free to move this if necessary

ok, i can sum up the problem pretty quick, my powerbook titanium 1ghz model freezes while doing almost anything.....unplugged/plugged in, starting up, running programs, even just sitting there w/ the screen saver on, sitting on a desk or being moved around

i've done a clean install of mac OS X and gotten rid of everything and it still freezes just as often which can range from once a day...to every 2 minutes

any suggestions......i know taking it to the mac store would probably be best, but i'm super short on cash right now so i doubt that's a possibility

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=89736

Try these.

loserpunk
    alright, i repaired the permissions, and ran a software update...and it's only frozen twice since i restarted after the software update, and both times it was plugged into the AC and i've heard of ppl having problems w/ their AC adapteres, and mine is an old one from a g3 (possible problem?)

maddog39
    I have a titanium PowerBook and that has never happened to me and I know how much the apple store costs, $300 to fix the hard drive, lol. I dont think the G3's have problems on G4's.

loserpunk
    it's went about 3 days now problem free, and i've been using it a lot more now that i'm pretty confident in it....

it did freeze a total of 3 times after the repair..but that was within the first 2 hrs...hasn't happened since....

Thread Information