New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Airline charger for Macbook Pro 13"

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pop68

pop68 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13 " MacBook Pro, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 480 GB SSD

I do a lot of international travel and need a good airline DC charger for my MacBook Pro 13". Any experiential suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Have you tried an internet search for "MacBook Pro Airline Adapter"? I found this fairly easily:

Amazon.com: Apple MagSafe Airline Adapter (L-Tip): Computers & Accessories

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
pop68

pop68 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13 " MacBook Pro, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 480 GB SSD

Nick: Thanks for your response. I have looked at they adapter you referenced. My understanding of that adapter is that is will power my Macbook Pro while in use, but does not charge the battery. I am looking for a charger that will charge the battery as well as power my computer during use.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop68 View Post
Nick: Thanks for your response. I have looked at they adapter you referenced. My understanding of that adapter is that is will power my Macbook Pro while in use, but does not charge the battery. I am looking for a charger that will charge the battery as well as power my computer during use.
Ok...no problem.

Please let us know what you've already tried (or are familiar with) so we don't suggest things that you've already explored.

Thanks,

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
RadDave

RadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MBP 13" (2013); 2.6 GHz i5; 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.10.1

Hi Pop68 - there was a short thread HERE on this topic not too long ago - probably will not be of much help to you - sorry.

Except for having regular AC for your MBPro charger (e.g. in the terminals), there are just not that many 'battery' options to supply the power needed by that charger (a few stats in one of my posts in the link) - size/weight would not make them portable - so 'power' at the airplane seat might be your only choice?

In jest, I suggested carrying my Xantex power unit on a plane - has enough battery power to run a 120 v. plug-in for a while but weighs a ton!

Dave

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Time Machine Heats Up MBPro! | Macbook Air Scratch »