New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Why I think I am being hacked

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

question1ng1

question1ng1 is on a distinguished road

Several reasons:

Often, Safari opens to sites with descriptions of exploits, i.e. Metasploit, LogMeIn, or an article from Wonder How or eHow. I have programs and things downloaded that I did not download like "Clean My Mac", and Clean My Mac 2", Vectorastor", and many files with strange extensions like "plist".

often, I check Netstat and see that things have been "streamed" while my computer is off, or iTunes has been running.

Non User activity in Console is often very active. Team Viewer just appeared!

Pictures show up in my photo stream, and under sharing, I keep turning off the internet sharing properties for firewire, usb, ect, and locking it, and then it turns right back on again!

Am I imagining that I am being hacked? How can I tell for sure? If it is my Psycho Ex, he graduated from MIT. I'd probably never figure it out.

Best Regards and many thanks!

J
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Since you said your X I would disconnect from the internet either by turning wireless off and disconnect the ethernet cable if it applies and change your password for your computer.
Then I would reset Safari and any other browser you might use.
Delete all the programs that are downloaded you did not want and in Safari preferences under general the last box make sure it is not checked which is open upon download.
Then when you reconnect to the internet go to iTunes and change your password.
I think this will have you back to normal since someone else had access to your computer .
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Screen with marks | Reformat my MacBook Pro HD »