Thread: Upgraded!

macian
    Upgraded!
    Good news all round I would have thought. They are starting to ship and they are already faster than thought...

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1529

Upgraded!

Specs:
    G4 Cube
    Summary:

-Orders will begin shipping this week, rather than at the end of the month
    -People who ordered the $1,999 1.67ghz model will receive a 1.83ghz processor
    -People who ordered the $2,499 1.83ghz model will receive a 2.0ghz processor
    -Customers may now upgrade to a 2.16ghz processor (BTO)

ARG!! If only my wife didn't lay claim to the next computer upgrade...oh well, I'll just have to console myself with her iMac

wragen22
    Quote Originally Posted by kaidomac
    Summary:

-Orders will begin shipping this week, rather than at the end of the month
    -People who ordered the $1,999 1.67ghz model will receive a 1.83ghz processor
    -People who ordered the $2,499 1.83ghz model will receive a 2.0ghz processor
    -Customers may now upgrade to a 2.16ghz processor (BTO)

ARG!! If only my wife didn't lay claim to the next computer upgrade...oh well, I'll just have to console myself with her iMac

My shipment date just got moved from the 15th to the 28th of this month!! I pre-ordered a 1.67 a long time ago too. I really doubt they will be shipping anything this week.

AlexN
    Yeah, I got the email notice from Apple too. Hooray! :headphone

AlexN
    Unhappy
    Err...wait a minute, they pushed the shipping date back from 2/15 to 2/28...I won't receive the MBP until March.....What a jurk!!!!! :batman:

airline1
    I would have thought a new production run would have been needed to change the spec of all the pros which have already been manufactured/shipped.

I think this was always on the cards and apple are displaying a very good marketing ploy by supposedly 'upgrading' everyones orders.

Thats not to say its not a nice bonus for those who thought they were getting a lower spec cpu. But how many extra orders will be placed by people thinking they will be getting a 'free' upgrade.

Nothing wrong with it and I think it is a cracking idea.

ashden
    I was speaking with an Apple rep today and they told me that the change to the 28th is just prelimenary. Tommorrow they are going to put the actual shipping dates on the order status page and update the previous orders to the new laptops. Anxiously waiting my 2GHz MacBook Pro.

macian
    Quote Originally Posted by ashden
    I was speaking with an Apple rep today and they told me that the change to the 28th is just prelimenary. Tommorrow they are going to put the actual shipping dates on the order status page and update the previous orders to the new laptops. Anxiously waiting my 2GHz MacBook Pro.
    Well, my order date was back in mid Jan and I had an estimated delivery date of Feb 22nd. Its now been pushed back to March 22nd. Rubbish. I called the Apple Store in teh UK to ask what was going on and he said that is when they will all start shipping. So I'm hoping that he doesn't know what he is talking about because it doesn't fit with them shipping this week...

wragen22
    Quote Originally Posted by macian
    Well, my order date was back in mid Jan and I had an estimated delivery date of Feb 22nd. Its now been pushed back to March 22nd. Rubbish. I called the Apple Store in teh UK to ask what was going on and he said that is when they will all start shipping. So I'm hoping that he doesn't know what he is talking about because it doesn't fit with them shipping this week...
    I really don't think they are shipping this week. Mine got moved back to the 28th of this month.

ashden
    From the looks of it they start shipping on Friday or Saturday to the Apple Stores. Those are probably the demo models. Then as available they will be shipping pre-orders. I am guessing they will be trying to have a decent in store stock by April 1.

Thread Information