New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

PowerBook - Dropped Powerbook-Help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

consciousness

Hi all, this is my first post and unfortunately it is a sad day for me as i slipped in the snow today; sprained my wrist, but even worse i dropped and landed on my G4 titanium Powerbook.

Here's the damage i have discovered so far:
Crumpled the corner where the power adapter plugs in (still works though)
, also there is no sound at all, I-Tunes will not play any files, and icon displays no bluetooth available (which i have never seen before).

Anybody know how i can determine the sound problem?
and is it possible to replace the case, cost?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Bretto0

Bretto0 is on a distinguished road

I just did the exact same thing a little over a week ago, but my damage wasn't nearly to the extent of what yours sounds like. I crumpled the corner near the optical drive, and the display shifted so that it wouldn't latch shut. I took it into my local Apple Store in Century City, CA. I gave it to them on Tuesday, and I got it back on Friday looking brand spanking new. Of course, it did cost me $652. They replaced the top and bottom of the case as well as the speakers. It's costly, but it looks frigging great.

A little word of advice. Be careful if you make inquiries and then decide not to have it fixed. If Apple finds out you dropped it, and you don't let THEM fix it, your AppleCare warranty becomes null and void. And, conversely, if they do fix it, your warranty is reinstated in its entirety.

Anyway, for me it was well worth the money. $652 is the estimate they gave me in the store, and $652 is what it ended up costing, so I think that's the standard for replacing the case.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Software for Macbook pro | Macbook What Should I Do? »