New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

viewing photos in iPhone in laptop

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kali89

kali89 is on a distinguished road

I find it so so stupid that on the mac you can't view photos in iPhone on a computer.. the only way I can see them is by opening Preview and doing "import..." but I need to see INFO, i.e, ON WHAT DATE photo was taken.... my iPhone recently messed up my photo album... they're no longer in chronological order, and photos I removed are appearing again.. how do I figure out -- without downloading them to a computer -- on what date they were taken?

I can't for the life of me understand why I can't see photos iPhone -- or in my Nikon camera -- on a mac computer... can't see them in Finder, on Adobe Bridge, etc.. really really stupid.. I don't know what those folks were thinking.... (can't see them in iTunes either...)

on a windows machine you can see them on a folder just like files from external hard drive and such... why on earth didn't the folks at Apple think of this... very very stupid, and impractical, and annoying.....

is there a way at all I can view meta info for photos in iPhone on my my MackBook Pro?

thank you......
QUOTE Thanks
RadDave

RadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 13" (2013); 2.6 GHz i5; 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.9.4

Well, there are a number of options but let me just mention the one I use w/ my iPad 2 (same iOS so should work w/ the iPhone). First, cable the device to your Mac computer; second, open up 'Image Capture' (should be in your 'Other' folder in Launchpad) - all of the photos on your phone should be shown - see attached pic of my iPad attached to my MBPro; NOW, I cannot guarantee that you can view the information data w/ this method, but let us know if this helps? If not, post back for other suggestions. Dave
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-11-29 at 5.50.51 PM.png (225.3 KB, 6 views)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple Store Lost/Gave/got stolen from, MBP 15" Retina | Using TuneUp ??? »