Spilled water on mb air power adapter screen doesn't turn on now
    Hello forum

I spilled water on my macbook air power adapter. I dried it out and connected it to my mba and the screen does not tun on now. Did I short the display? Can a new display fix this?

Thanks

Kind regards

Jorge Vidaurre

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    You probably damaged the power adapter when you spilled water on it. It likely shorted out. Buy a new MagSafe Power Adapter from your Apple dealer.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Time for a new one!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by 568129 View Post
    I dried it out and connected it to my mba and the screen does not tun on now. Did I short the display? Can a new display fix this?
    Try doing an SMC reset:

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

- Nick
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup

The power adapter functions because the light turns orange, when i connect it to the mba.the mba turns on with the power adapter conneced. I can see the lights beneath the keyboard and when youmpress the volume keys the speaker functions also. The only thing that doesn't function: the display. I turned the mba without the powervadapter and the display still doesn't function. I tried the smc reset: nothing. Would a new display fix that?

Thanks

Kind regsrds

Jorge

Specs:
    The power adapter functions because the light turns orange, when i connect it to the mba.the mba turns on with the power adapter conneced. I can see the lights beneath the keyboard and when youmpress the volume keys the speaker functions also. The only thing that doesn't function: the display. I turned the mba without the powervadapter and the display still doesn't function. I tried the smc reset: nothing. Would a new display fix that?
    I know that this may sound silly...but did you try adjusting the display brightness?

- Nick

Specs:
    Hello forum

I spilled water on my macbook air power adapter. I dried it out and connected it to my mba and the screen does not tun on now. Did I short the display? Can a new display fix this?
    Spilling water on the adapter should not have impacted the display unless you're not telling us the whole story. Did some of that water get into the keyboard at the same time?

Specs:
    I was thinking the same thing as "chscag". Spilling liquid on a power adapter should not have any connection to a non-working display. Hopefully no details have been omitted from this situation!

- Nick

Actually upon more thought i did try to clean the keyboard with toilet paper wet with lysol. After i cleaned the keyboard with lysol, the display stopped working. Will a new display fix this?

Thanks

Kind regards

Jorge

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.8 GHz
    When liquid and computers mix anything is possible. I'd suggest attaching an external display and checking for video. Also removing the base and simply viewing the logic board looking for any sign of liquid spillage. Your no video could be due either to the display or logic board. You may need to take it to an Apple Store or AASP who will have the facilities to diagnose which has failed.
    Steve
    UK

Specs:
    Actually upon more thought i did try to clean the keyboard with toilet paper wet with lysol. After i cleaned the keyboard with lysol, the display stopped working. Will a new display fix this?
    Obviously, that wasn't a good idea. Lysol contains a mixture of abrasive and corrosive compounds that clean and kill germs. Follow techiesteve's advice and be prepared to dig into your wallet.

Specs:
    15" rMBP Mid-2014 ~ iPad 4 16GB ~ iPhone 6 Plus 16GB
    Was the MBA running at the time? How wet was the toilet paper, damp or dripping? If you're very lucky, it could be what Nick said and you've turned the display brightness down to zero. I really hope so!

Thread Information