New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

KVM for MBP 13" and Win 7 PC

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

wifler

wifler is on a distinguished road

I have a Windows 7 desktop PC and a Macbook Pro 13" 2012. I want to share the same monitor, mouse and keyboard between the two machines. Can anyone recommend a KVM that they are using on the same setup that works and gives full 1920 x 1080 resolution for both PC and MBP?

I currently have an Aten KVM which worked ok with my old 2006 MBP but not with the new one. When switching to it through the KVM the monitor displays 'out of range' but it works fine when connected directly, so I don't think the KVM supports the new thunderbolt port.

I'd like to get a new KVM but one I know will work ok. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

First of all, you need to make sure that any KVM you buy will provide the proper isolation between ports (PC and Mac) and that when switching, does not "spike". You can easily cause damage with a KVM so be careful of what you use.

Try here: HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more! - Monoprice.com
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Data Doubler SSD with stock Macbook Pro HDD, Clone Question. | No Output or Input audio ?! »