New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - As fast as your slowest piece...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

VeritasCCT

VeritasCCT is on a distinguished road

We all know that our laptops and desktops are only as fast our our slowest piece. So I've decided to go with the Macbook Pro and trying to decide what guts to put inside it. So my questions are which is faster, the 1GB (2x512ram @ $100) or the 1GB (1 S0 DIMMs @ $200)? And if I were to get the faster one of the two, what would do it more justice, 120GB @5400rpm $200, or the 100GB @7200rpm $200? Any help you can provide me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

If you are going to be using this as a desktop replacement system get the 1gb I was told by somebody at the apple store that it is faster to have one stick pluss you can upgrade later, but if you want good battery power I would say go 512x2 since i heard that is better on batter, again I don't know how accurate that is.
again desktop replacement get the 7200rpm drive its faster and not as good on battery so if you are going to be using it more as a portable system then get th 5400rpm drive.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 16 error 2048 | battery management »