New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook 2.1 Screen Turns White

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

trainsurf

trainsurf is on a distinguished road

The screen on my Macbook 2.1 (Late 2006) turns white when I adjust it's angle. If I put it to sleep using the trackpad to move the (invisible) curser to a "hot corner" the screen turns black. Another touch to the trackpad or keyboard restores the desktop. When in the "white screen mode" the brightness controls still operate to dim and brighten the white screen. Looking around the web points to the data cable or the lcd. Replacing either looks rather daunting so I wanted to see if anyone out there could diagnose before I open things up and get into trouble!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Since this happens when you adjust the angle of the display...it could mean a damaged or worn cable.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
trainsurf

trainsurf is on a distinguished road

Thanks Nick, that's what I was thinking too but wanted a confirmation. Weird though that it if put to sleep and woken, it displays fine.

Dan
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« user name | username »