New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook Air to TV?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

emtaylor90

emtaylor90 is on a distinguished road

Hi all, just wondering what cable I need to get to be able to connect my 1 week old MBA to my TV.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

You could do it two ways a Thunder-port to HDMI adapter and an HDMI cable or get an ATV3 and use the Mirroring option wirelessly.
QUOTE Thanks
emtaylor90

emtaylor90 is on a distinguished road

So out of the two which would you reccommend? I take it the ATV3 does exactly the same as the Thunderbolt to HDMI, but wirelessly?

Also, will the ATV3 allow me to watch films off youtube for example. Or has to got to be off iTunes/Netflix and so on.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

You can watch youtube either way they are offered as a app on the ATV3.
Personally I would use the ATV3 method so I would not have to deal with a long HDMI cable and being able to set where ever I want in the room and stream also not having to worry about a possible HDMI to ThunderPort handshake issue.
For 99.00 the ATV3 offers a lot of bang for the buck it will also mirror late model iPhone/iPad.
Nice to have when friends and family are over looking at photos/ home movies sent wirelessly from your late model Apple products with the ability for them to show their content also wirelessly from their Apple products.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Upgrade RAM Macbook late 2009 | Loose Memory Slot MacBook Pro 2011 »