New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Upgrade RAM Macbook late 2009

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

k0lfan

k0lfan is on a distinguished road

Hi! I need your help I have to upgrade my ram, but I cannot tell the difference between these two options:

http://www.amazon.it/Kingston-Techno...ref=pd_cp_pc_0
and
http://www.amazon.it/Transcend-JM106...d_sim_sbs_pc_1

Are they compatible with my white macbook late 2009? Are kingston RAMs better than transcend ones?

Thank you very much.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

We usually recommend these two suppliers of ram. They make it easy to figure out what you need:

- Performance Upgrades; FireWire USB SATA Storage; Memory, more at OWC
- RAM Memory Upgrade: Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq. USB drives, SSD at Crucial.com

* Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
k0lfan

Thank you very much Nick! I'm sorry but I'm from Italy and it would be cheaper and faster for me if I bought them from amazon.it
Anyhow, I realized I made a mistake when I pasted the links. Please check out and tell me if those are compatible with my macbook.

Thank you again
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0lfan View Post
Thank you very much Nick! I'm sorry but I'm from Italy and it would be cheaper and faster for me if I bought them from amazon.it
Anyhow, I realized I made a mistake when I pasted the links. Please check out and tell me if those are compatible with my macbook.

Thank you again
Sorry...I didn't realize you were in Italy. I took a look at the links...but my Italian (language) is not so good! Sorry.

What you can do is:

- go to the links that I provided for OWC and Crucial
- from each site identify what the correct ram is for your computer (each site has an easy system for this)
- check out the specs for the ram
- then compare this info to the ram that you identified from Amazon.com

HTH,

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
k0lfan

No problem at all! Thank you very much Nick! I just have some final questions.

- Is there any difference among brands? I mean as long as they have the same characteristics (DDR3, pin, volt, timing etc) they are pretty much the same, are they not?
- Are 4gb rams already obsolete? I don't use softwares that require a lot of ram.

Thank you again
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
- Is there any difference among brands? I mean as long as they have the same characteristics (DDR3, pin, volt, timing etc) they are pretty much the same, are they not?
I don't think so...or at least it's very hard to know. When I buy ram...I usually like to purchase it from a place that includes a lifetime warranty in case something goes wrong.

Quote:
- Are 4gb rams already obsolete? I don't use softwares that require a lot of ram.
How much total ram are you talking about upgrading to?

- 8gig of ram (2 x 4gig)?
- 4gig of ram (2 x 2gig)?

* Nick

QUOTE Thanks
k0lfan

2x2gig

Thank you
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Advice please on Time Machine backups | Macbook Air to TV? »