White Screen of Death? Please Help
    Dropped my Macbook (2011) while watching a show, no external damage but the screen is completely white and blank. Tried to shut it down/reboot but it doesn't appear to be working, no noise and the apple logo stays lit up. I tried to do command/option/power and all that and still no response. Please help!

White Screen of Death? Please Help
    Dropped my Macbook (2011) while watching a show, no external damage but the screen is completely white and blank. Tried to shut it down/reboot but it doesn't appear to be working, no noise and the apple logo stays lit up. I tried to do command/option/power and all that and still no response. Please help!

Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    When you dropped your MacBook Pro you probably knocked a cable loose that feeds video to the display from the logic board. If you have no experience taking a computer apart, take it to your local Apple Store or an authorized Apple repair service and have them look at it. Be sure to ask them how much they will charge to repair it.

sounds very much to me as if you knocked a harness loose, either at the logic board or (more likely) in the display.

if you're not versed in this, i'd recommend finding a shop to do the work or ship it in somewhere.. the connectors are quite easy to damage...

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    When you dropped your MacBook Pro you probably knocked a cable loose that feeds video to the display from the logic board. If you have no experience taking a computer apart, take it to your local Apple Store or an authorized Apple repair service and have them look at it. Be sure to ask them how much they will charge to repair it.

100% ditto... could be at the logic board end or in the display....

IF it's in the display, apple will want $400+... you can get it repaired most places for under $150, assuming it's not blown stuff on the logic board (unlikely unless plugged in wrong).....

Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    @Sarah:

Please do not cross post (posting the same thing to more than one forum). I've combined both your posts and replies here.

Thanks.

Thread Information