New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

White Screen of Death? Please Help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sarahghasedi

sarahghasedi is on a distinguished road

Dropped my Macbook (2011) while watching a show, no external damage but the screen is completely white and blank. Tried to shut it down/reboot but it doesn't appear to be working, no noise and the apple logo stays lit up. I tried to do command/option/power and all that and still no response. Please help!
QUOTE Thanks
sarahghasedi

sarahghasedi is on a distinguished road

Dropped my Macbook (2011) while watching a show, no external damage but the screen is completely white and blank. Tried to shut it down/reboot but it doesn't appear to be working, no noise and the apple logo stays lit up. I tried to do command/option/power and all that and still no response. Please help!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

When you dropped your MacBook Pro you probably knocked a cable loose that feeds video to the display from the logic board. If you have no experience taking a computer apart, take it to your local Apple Store or an authorized Apple repair service and have them look at it. Be sure to ask them how much they will charge to repair it.
QUOTE Thanks
VAMountaineer

VAMountaineer has a spectacular aura about

sounds very much to me as if you knocked a harness loose, either at the logic board or (more likely) in the display.

if you're not versed in this, i'd recommend finding a shop to do the work or ship it in somewhere.. the connectors are quite easy to damage...
QUOTE Thanks
VAMountaineer

VAMountaineer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
When you dropped your MacBook Pro you probably knocked a cable loose that feeds video to the display from the logic board. If you have no experience taking a computer apart, take it to your local Apple Store or an authorized Apple repair service and have them look at it. Be sure to ask them how much they will charge to repair it.

100% ditto... could be at the logic board end or in the display....

IF it's in the display, apple will want $400+... you can get it repaired most places for under $150, assuming it's not blown stuff on the logic board (unlikely unless plugged in wrong).....
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

@Sarah:

Please do not cross post (posting the same thing to more than one forum). I've combined both your posts and replies here.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« delete duplicates | Need help with my mac! Overheat dunno if its the graphics »