New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

iTunes Purchases Not Playing

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Drewber

Drewber is on a distinguished road

This is for a friend, who is not very computer involved. I told her I'd ask. She has a 1 year-old Mac Book Pro and has ~ $100 in purchased iTunes songs. This particular list is Halloween music, that she bought last year for Halloween. She says they will not play on that MacBook, nor will they transfer to any of her iPods. I thought it might have to do with the number of computers authorized. She said there has not been a change in the number of computers authorized.
The category for discussions is very limited here, by the way. I would think iTunes and others would be included. Or just "other" and not other hardware and peripherals.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

We're going to need more information. What format is the music in? And did she make any changes to it after it was downloaded from iTunes? The number of machines authorized would have nothing to do with the fact that she can't sync any of it to iPods.

Quote:
The category for discussions is very limited here, by the way. I would think iTunes and others would be included. Or just "other" and not other hardware and peripherals.
Did you miss our "Music, Audio, and Podcasting" forum?
QUOTE Thanks
Drewber

All the music was purchased from iTunes. No changes, unless she did something inadvertently.
I was told in another discussion, not to "highjack" a thread. So, I post new discussions. There is no "music, Audio ..." in the drop down.
If there is a better or more proper way to post, let me know.
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Posting:
Problem with an individual piece of software, aka "application" like iTunes, could go in the "OS X Apps & Games" option in the quick post drop down menu.

Or you could bring up the list of all forums available by clicking on the Mac-Forums logo at the top of every page, browse all the forums available - select the most appropriate forum and then click on the "New Thread" link at the top of each individual forum.

iTunes issue:
What does happen when she tries to play one of them?
Is this the same computer they were originally downloaded to?
Is she logged into iTunes with the same Apple ID used to purchase them?

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Drewber

Ok. Thanks for the posting help.
I've texted her about the other questions. I do know they are on the original computer, but not the other questions.
While we're discussing iTunes, I'll ask another question. It is related. This same person has heard that iTunes is tracking or doing something even with purchased songs. She and some others are now only buying music from amazon and other sources. Are there any new policies or restrictions on iTunes purchases? Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

???

It tracks your purchases, same as Amazon and anywhere else that permits you to re-download previous purchases.
Apple ties them to your Apple ID, Amazon ties them to your log in name.
They both use that info for marketing - Apple doesn't hold a candle next to Amazon in that regard.

I buy from where ever is cheapest, whether that be iTunes, Amazon, Vudu, etc.
Vudu pretty much gets all my video dollars as their content is playable/downloadable on more devices than the other two.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Drewber

I really don't know what she's talking about with iTunes. It sounds like a conspiracy theory. I just thought I'd ask if anybody knew of some new thing or issue with iTunes.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Jump start a Macbook Pro 2010 | If Apple releases the new MacBook Pro on October 22... »