New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

(dual-USB)WONT TURN ON......plz help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RockmanX1234

I plug the ac in and press power.......nothing

I bought a used M6497 (G3) from my friend. I know nothing of mac. The battery was dead and it came with no AC charger, so I ordered this online...

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/laptoppa...rzdgir837.html

I plug it in and it does nothing. Isn't there supposed to be an LED light where you plug the ac adapter in? Well anyway it doesnt light up or do anything. I tested the adapter with some hardware to see if it worked and it sure did.

I called apple and they wanted 50 dollars just for me to talk to someone (lol sodomy)

The AC port on the ibook isnt flimsy or anything, but the machine itself is not receiving any power.

Could anyone know what could be wrong with this laptop????
any help would be much appreciated...thanks
QUOTE Thanks
chuckalicious

chuckalicious is on a distinguished road

It could be that this new AC isn't the right kind..... or it could be that your friend has ripped you off by selling you something that isn't capable of using power....

You could always try a different apple ac and see if that works.

other than that I don't know what to suggest
QUOTE Thanks
RockmanX1234

It couldn't be the ac adapter...the factory couldn't sell an ac adatper that doesnt convert ac into dc or else that would be fraud <<<(spelling). Like I said, I tested the ac adapter and it works fine, but it just boggles me on how my ibook wont get power. My only conslusion is that its the ac(dc) port on the ibook. The thing is, it's not flimsy at all. I might try ordering an ac adapter thats 2X the price (that does the same job), I'm about to either......

A) kill my self or....
B) get my money back

but GOSH DARNET, I want an ibook for a subjob.....grapics....websites....
ADOBEhttp://www.mac-forums.com/forums/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=0&forumid=14#
Radioactive

but.........no it wont work.... :mad:

any help.........b..u..m..p..
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Does your AC Adapter have that ring right before the Tip that plugs into the Mac? On the iBook that ring lights either Amber or Green showing full charge or dead battery. There are no other lights on the ibooks. Does yours light? I checked the URL of Adapter you bought and it should work with your book. When you plug in the plug that ring that lights is flush with the case of the iBook.
QUOTE Thanks
RockmanX1234

No light whatsoever on the ibook. There's only a light on the bulky section of the power adapter that notifies the user that its receiving power.
QUOTE Thanks
RockmanX1234

Bump...

debating suicide
QUOTE Thanks
DigitalN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7
Does your AC Adapter have that ring right before the Tip that plugs into the Mac? On the iBook that ring lights either Amber or Green showing full charge or dead battery. There are no other lights on the ibooks. Does yours light? I checked the URL of Adapter you bought and it should work with your book. When you plug in the plug that ring that lights is flush with the case of the iBook.
only official Apple adapters do that, the ones made by them. my Macally and many others just light up at the brick if it is getting power.
QUOTE Thanks
RockmanX1234

What would a be a possible diagnosis for my machine?

ibook g3 M6497

third party ac adapter

WONT CHARGE and the ibook doesnt get anypower, so it wont even turn on.

any thoughts?

any help would benifit my future, thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can somebody help me? | 16 error 2048 »