Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Apple Notebooks (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/)
-   -   Best Speakers (wireless) For Bedroom ?? (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/304042-best-speakers-wireless-bedroom.html)

elpepo 10-05-2013 08:03 PM

Best Speakers (wireless) For Bedroom ??
 
What is the best wireless speaker (wifi or bluetooth), i got macbook 08

chscag 10-05-2013 08:06 PM

I love the Harmon Kardon wireless Sound Sticks but they may be a tad bit expensive. Take a look at them on the Amazon web site: LINK

elpepo 10-05-2013 08:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by chscag (Post 1541436)
I love the Harmon Kardon wireless Sound Sticks but they may be a tad bit expensive. Take a look at them on the Amazon web site: LINK

thanks, they look cool !
Are they better than these bose ? its around 350 euros...

chscag 10-05-2013 10:44 PM

I'm not impressed with Bose at all. They were once top of the line for a US speaker company, however, their quality control over the years has gone downhill. I have a set of Bose speakers here at home and the Harmon Kardon ones sound better.

elpepo 10-06-2013 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chscag (Post 1541436)
I love the Harmon Kardon wireless Sound Sticks but they may be a tad bit expensive. Take a look at them on the Amazon web site: LINK

Quote:

Originally Posted by chscag (Post 1541462)
I'm not impressed with Bose at all. They were once top of the line for a US speaker company, however, their quality control over the years has gone downhill. I have a set of Bose speakers here at home and the Harmon Kardon ones sound better.

thanks for the advice !
What do you think about Bowers & Wilkins ?

chscag 10-06-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

What do you think about Bowers & Wilkins ?
I don't have any experience with them, however, I believe some of our other forum members own them. Maybe they'll give you their opinion.

VAMountaineer 10-09-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elpepo (Post 1541438)
thanks, they look cool !
Are they better than these bose ? its around 350 euros...

Confusing Bose with quality is a mistake many people make. Bose hasn't made a quality speaker cabinet, EVER, that I've heard (in more than 25yrs of working in audio)...

bobtomay 10-09-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAMountaineer (Post 1542127)
Confusing Bose with quality is a mistake many people make. Bose hasn't made a quality speaker cabinet, EVER, that I've heard (in more than 25yrs of working in audio)...

Worth repeating...

My best job ever was selling stereo equipment - too many yrs ago. Would never "pay" for anything Bose.

B&W makes some decent sounding stuff, but at the price of the A7, you could get better sound from a mid level receiver and a couple of decent speakers.

Just about everyone has Airplay built into their receivers nowadays.

Lifeisabeach 10-10-2013 09:48 AM

Just to throw in my 2 here... Bose is overpriced and overhyped. They aren't the absolute worst things you can buy, but at their particular price point they may well be. As for the Harman Kardon Soundsticks, I have the wired version for my iMac and I can enthusiastically recommend them. They sound absolutely fantastic and are easily one of the best 2.1 computer speaker sets out there.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.