Specs:
    Macbook `08 4gb ram, 750gb, 2GHz intel Core 2 Duo, OSX 10.9 - Ipad4 - Iphone5 - AppleTV3 -
    Eliminate ¨Others¨
    Macbook (later2008), OSX 10.8.5

i got 237.44 GB ¨Others¨, how can i eliminate this ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    What machine? What year? What OS?

Psychic hotline we're not.

"Others" is simply Apple's term for files that don't fall into one of the pre-defined categories (ie, it's not a photo, a movie format Apple recognizes, part of the system, etc).

Depending on what the files actually are, you may have zero interest in deleting them. To get a clearer picture of what is actually taking up space on your drive (which I presume is what you're actually interested in, since you didn't say), I'd suggest downloading the free Disk Inventory X which should give you a better picture of what's taking up space and where its located.

DO NOT throw away things unless you are CERTAIN it is something you know, you know you don't want it, and you're SURE removing it won't damage your system.

Specs:
    Macbook `08 4gb ram, 750gb, 2GHz intel Core 2 Duo, OSX 10.9 - Ipad4 - Iphone5 - AppleTV3 -
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    What machine? What year? What OS?

Psychic hotline we're not.

"Others" is simply Apple's term for files that don't fall into one of the pre-defined categories (ie, it's not a photo, a movie format Apple recognizes, part of the system, etc).

Depending on what the files actually are, you may have zero interest in deleting them. To get a clearer picture of what is actually taking up space on your drive (which I presume is what you're actually interested in, since you didn't say), I'd suggest downloading the free Disk Inventory X which should give you a better picture of what's taking up space and where its located.

DO NOT throw away things unless you are CERTAIN it is something you know, you know you don't want it, and you're SURE removing it won't damage your system.
    Thanks for answer back, i got a macbook (later2008), OSX 10.8.5,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Thread Information