I have been using an Apple thunderbolt to VGA adapter to connect my digital projector to a Macbook Air. Now I need to also connect a pro audio firewire mixer, which has a firewire 400 cable. If I didn't have to connect the projector as well, I presume that the way to go would be to use an Apple thunderbolt to Firewire 800 adapter with an 800 to 400 adapter on the end, but as I have two devices I am rather stumped.

I know that thunderbolt/mini display is for daisy chaining, so there isn't such a thing as a thunderbolt hub, except that I could maybe use the Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock (expensive as it is, it may be a cheaper option than others). I have read mixed reviews of this device, but it looks like it could essentially work - one thunderbolt cable to connect the Macbook to the dock, then use the Firewire 800 port on the dock with an 800-400 adapter for the mixer and the second thunderbolt port on the dock for the projector with the VGA adapter. I am wondering if there are any other possible solutions though, other than buying a Macbook Pro!