New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro Retina? Problems?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iTz inThezone

iTz inThezone has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mid-2012 MBP 2.9GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 256 GB SSD not retina xD

A couple months ago I was in the market for a laptop to go through college with. PC's where not an option, and I was exclusively considering only Apple products. I new that I needed something with a lot of power, so the MacBook Air, was out of the equation. I came to the conclusion that I was going to get either a MacBook Pro, or the MBP with Retina.

I did my research, and found out that the Retina still had problems with ghosting, aka screen burn-in reduction... i think thats what it is called.

I new that I wanted a SSD and a good amount of RAM, but I wasn't going to drop that chunk of change on a MBPR with a possibly defective screen...

So I got a regular i5 13" MBP with 8gb RAM, and 128gb SSD. It has the same everything as the retina counter-part, except for the screen obviously.... + The standard MBP has a disk drive. However the standard MBP does not have a HDMI port, which is the only thing that angers me, because an adapter needs to be purchased. Overall I think I made the right choice.

My question is, for you people out there that have any Retina MBP's, are/have you guys have any problems with your computers, not only concerning the screen, but things like heat, and reliability? And do you miss not having a disk drive?

-Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
RadDave

RadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 13" (2013); 2.6 GHz i5; 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.9.5

Hello - not sure if my information will be of any use to you? But, I purchased a MBP (13") w/ Retina display in the spring of this year (so, about 6 months old) - 8 GB RAM & 256 GB SSD - have had no problems at all and love the retina display (I have old eyes and can read the small type easily) - thus, happy @ the moment.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I've not heard any widespread reports of ghosting or screen burn-in. I seem to recall hearing about a bad batch of em that had this problem, but Apple's customer care took care of the issue as they usually do.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can Macbook Pro charger break from overheating? | itunes program on external drive »