New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

New MacBook Pro Owner

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

EssArTee4

EssArTee4 is on a distinguished road

Whats up guys.
So i picked up a 13"MBP from the apple store on 9/11/13
I come from a Windows Overclocked, watercooled background, so of course i could not leave it alone

11 days later i have upgraded the HDD drive to a SSD. I also moved the original 500GIG drive to where the optical drive was. Lastly upgraded to 16gigs of ram.

What do you guys think? She runs awesome.

QUOTE Thanks
macgeek22

macgeek22 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.5Ghz Core i5; 10GB 1600Mhz;500GBSSD;Intel 4000; OSX 10.8.5

Looks super sweet. I bet it runs awesome. I upgraded mine to an SSD right away and I'm super impressed with it. I don't have 16GB of RAM yet I bought 1 8GB DIMM and am running an original 2GB DIMM for a total of 10GB but it runs awesome. I love the HDD in an opti-bay idea.

2012 MacBook Pro 2.5Ghz Core i5,10GB DDR3 1600Mhz, 500GBSSD, Intel 4000, OSX 10.8.5
Best computer I have ever owned...
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Sweet bit of tinkering /upgrading there. Been debating an SSD or optical bay replacement as well. Afraid it won't be in the budget fr a while though.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Looks great...congrats!

- Nick

p.s. Although I wouldn't recommend folks use their bed as the best place to do this work (too easy to loose those little screws!

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
EssArTee4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Looks great...congrats!

- Nick

p.s. Although I wouldn't recommend folks use their bed as the best place to do this work (too easy to loose those little screws!
The bed was used for the SSD install, the bigger install of the data doubler i placed the screws on the MBP on the back cover off the bed.
QUOTE Thanks
19birel

19birel is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4Ghz i5 13" MBP antiglare 16gb RAM 500gb HD OSX 10.8.x

Looks good! I did the 16gb RAM upgrade aswell and I love it! Contemplating the SSD and Datadoubler still, but so far I haven't needed the extra speed.

I MISS SNOW LEOPARD ;(
QUOTE Thanks
EssArTee4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19birel View Post
Looks good! I did the 16gb RAM upgrade aswell and I love it! Contemplating the SSD and Datadoubler still, but so far I haven't needed the extra speed.
Do It! Its alot of speed and storage in a small package. Who needs an optical
QUOTE Thanks
19birel

19birel is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4Ghz i5 13" MBP antiglare 16gb RAM 500gb HD OSX 10.8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssArTee4 View Post
Do It! Its alot of speed and storage in a small package. Who needs an optical
Yeah, if I get some extra money I might jump on it, but as it's already the fastest (and most powerful) computer I have owned to date I have no complaints yet Maybe I'll upgrade it when Mavericks comes out since I'll already be spending money anyways lol

I MISS SNOW LEOPARD ;(
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MBA 2013 SSD space issue! | Removing dried superglue »