for college, Biz major... any use for 16G?
    Hi,

I'm in the process of buying my daughter a used MP Pro, with Quad Core i7 as a basic start. Had a great mc721 arrive on Monday, but the iSight isn't working, (separate thread here) so it's going back to the seller and I'm starting over again. Probably will get the same early 2011 mc721 at 2Ghz Quad i7.

Regarding Memory:
    , is a business major college kid going to need 16G memory? Or is that wasted investment? I had the idea that is only useful for movie editing.

Regarding the Hard Drive
    , is a normal college kid studying business going to need a flash drive upgrade vs. the SATA? Currently using only 180G of her 320G 5400 rpm Drive, on her mid-2009 mb pro MB985. I can't imagine how she'd need more than 320G, but you guys tell me what you think.

Thanks for your opinions. Her mid 2009 mb pro M985 w. C2D 2.66 seems to serve her just fine, but I'm wanting to get her this upgrade in main and graphics processors now that will last her through the four years of college... and those Quad i7 (or is it the Graphics processors?) seem really fast just from how fast web pages hit the screen on the on the early 2011 mc721 I need to return.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by DunnInLA View Post
    Regarding Memory:
    , is a business major college kid going to need 16G memory? Or is that wasted investment? I had the idea that is only useful for movie editing.
    I "get by" with 4gig no problem. But 8gig is probably a good amount to have. 16gig would probably be over doing it in this situation.

HTH,

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Thread Information