New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

PowerBook - 100GB HDD upgrade for my 12" - which SATA?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DrivinWest

DrivinWest is on a distinguished road

I'm looking at installing a 100GB Hitachi 7K100 drive in my 12" 1.5GHz PowerBook as that's supposedly the best drive going and it is reasonably priced. Upon doing a search I found two different types: ATA-100 and SATA-150.

Can anybody tell me which one I need?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

ATA-100.

http://www.apple.com/powerbook/specs.html
QUOTE Thanks
Harryc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivinWest
I'm looking at installing a 100GB Hitachi 7K100 drive in my 12" 1.5GHz PowerBook as that's supposedly the best drive going and it is reasonably priced. Upon doing a search I found two different types: ATA-100 and SATA-150.

Can anybody tell me which one I need?
Can you post a link to the reasonably priced one that you found? Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
amoayeri

Just Click on Apple logo on the toolbar, than About this mac and then click on More Info. Under hardware tab check both ATA and Serial-ATA. see you hard disk is listed under which one.
QUOTE Thanks
thelox714

thelox714 is on a distinguished road

i second the ata 100..

My Photo Site.
Other sites:
MySpace
My Blog.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« dead pixel on new ibook... | What can be installed? »