New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - just orderd!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rglatter

Hey,
I just orderd my macbook pro!! ive been reading these forums lurking in the background for probobly about the past month and I have finaly orderd it. I cant wait till it I get it as it will be my first mac. It says it will ship in febuary so hopefully I will get it this month. anyways im sure I will be talking to you more in the future asking questions and discussing the macbook pro!!
QUOTE Thanks
thadoggfather

thadoggfather is an unknown at this point

awesome
QUOTE Thanks
Left Face Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by rglatter
It says it will ship in febuary so hopefully I will get it this month. anyways im sure I will be talking to you more in the future asking questions and discussing the macbook pro!!

You should get a notice within the next few day of official shipment date... I got mine today, ordered mine two days ago, and it says it's going to ship on the 28th. I don't think they're doing multiple shipments, as in different days.

In all honesty I sorta feel jipped that it wont get to me until (said date) March 7th. When Apple said they'd ship in February, but they didn't lie now did they? They're shipping it the very last day of Feb.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Why would you feel that way. Remember that there are people who have order before you. They should be receiving their orders now, whereas your will come at the end of the month. Once the back orders have been filled there you will see two or three day ship dates. This is normal for all new products from Apple.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Left Face Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman
Why would you feel that way. Remember that there are people who have order before you. They should be receiving their orders now, whereas your will come at the end of the month. Once the back orders have been filled there you will see two or three day ship dates. This is normal for all new products from Apple.

Well, if you read all of my post, I said I didn't know if there were multiple mailing dates. It makes sense that those who ordered first would get theirs first, but I didn't know if there were multiple shipping dates and my feelings were according to that.

It's not like it says on the Apple web site "First come first served".
QUOTE Thanks
rglatter

I got my shipping date and it is Febuary 28th..which from i heard looks like its the 2nd wave of shipments..but im not complaining I know i orderd it late and with all the demand I knew that I wouldnt get it for a while. Im acutaly suprised that im going to get it that early.
QUOTE Thanks
Left Face Down

The only reason I had to be saddened by that date is that the store where I went to research Mac computer said they'd have them in the end of next week.

If I wasn't getting a student discount I'd just take my business there. Not to be rude, I just need something that works so I can do my school work. Normally I'd just wait, but I'm sick of getting my pre-orders weeks after the things can be bought in store on the shelves.

Atleast it's not like my X-Box 360... They tell me I'll get it first day, a few days before that they're like we're sorry you wont get it until Christmas or later! WTF!?!?! They called me back 2 days later and told me to come pick my system up though.

weird...
QUOTE Thanks
TOYOTA

TOYOTA will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your new beauty.

Good day.

Richard
iPhone
Powerbook 15
Powerbook 17
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Which one to get | Trackpad nearly dead »