New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Who's still using the White MacBook (non-unibody)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsa View Post
Good to know... I had it in my head that later white non-unibody MacBooks with the Core 2 Duo could run Lion or later.
Later non-Unibody core 2 duo MacBooks can run Lion (OS 10.7)...starting with MacBook 2,1's with a core 2 duo cpu. You mentioned upgrading to Mountain Lion (OS 10.8) in your post above...which is what I was responding to.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
yoyo13579

yoyo13579 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: early 2007 White Macbook. 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 Gb ram, 120 Gb HDD. OSX 10.6.8 SL

The original early 2006 core duo (1,1) can go to snow leopard, the late 2006 (2,1) core 2 duo can go up to Lion, there were actually two generations of non-uniboy white macbook that support mountain lion, the early 2009 and mid 2009 (5,2) have nvidea 9400m making them capable. this is the case with all macs. snow leopard requires intel processors, lion requires a 64-bit processor, mountain requires certain Graphic cards
QUOTE Thanks
Postoak

Postoak is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5", 3.33Ghz Intel, 8Gb Ram, 1Tb HD, / White MacBook, 2.4Ghz Intel, 2Gb Ram, 160Gb HD

I still have 2 white 2008 MacBooks doing everything I ask them. Floored me when Apple, all of a sudden without warning, took them off the market.

chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Postoak: actually, they didn't. The 13" 2009 MacBook Pro is, really, a unibody MacBook. Shhhh!

But yeah, I'm not sure why people didn't see the end of the ALL-PLASTIC MacBooks coming. Apple's very environmentally-minded, and not just lately. It was not at all surprising to me that they dumped the plastic for something recyclable. It was still a shame, though, as they'd only just gotten that plastic design perfected (LOTS of issues with the early polycarb MacBooks ... both cosmetic and otherwise).

I still have my black one, but I'm getting ready to sell it. I personally think that, given the 3.3GB max RAM you can use in it, that Snow Leopard is the best OS for such machines. They can run Lion, but they struggle a bit on that IMO.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I still use my Santa Rosa white MB because I am broke and can't afford a newer one, but it still gets the job done for the things I do on a notebook.

I did see the end coming though as chas said, there were so many issues with the plastic ones. the last Unibody ones though seemed very solid.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Charger Overheat? | Using Snow Leopard in 2013 »