New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Launch msg(): socket not connected

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

KaysoKray

KaysoKray is on a distinguished road

My Mac is issued by my school, so I'd recently took it in for tune up for the next school session. Upon getting it back, I found that I couldn't access my user on the computer. I figured that my password was reset during the tune up process, so I logged in as an admin to change it. When I got to the account in Users & Groups in System Preferences, the option to change the account password wasn't there, so I checked "reset password with apple id" and logged out to try it. I entered the wrong password 3 times and then reset my password, but when I tried to log in that didn't work for some reason. I checked back with my school to see if there was anything they could do, and they said I could come in on Monday. I decided I'd keep trying things out myself. I'd tried reseting the password in other various ways (at startup by pressing command + R then going to terminal...etc) but none of the methods worked, so I rebooted the Mac and tried getting in using this method (second one). When I had entered everything in I got this message: Launch msg(): socket not connected
What does it mean?

(I have a Mac Air running Lion)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« speaker replacement | macbook air repair »