New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Mac goes to sleep, WEIRD CIRCUMSTANCES

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

icewavezero

icewavezero is on a distinguished road

Okay, so I've never heard of this before.

I have a 2006 Macbook (White one) that the backlight is dead on and the battery is dead. Nice thing is that I was able to hook up a cable to project the screen on a monitor and I can just plug the charger in to turn it on. I don't use the laptop, just kind of cool to have it working "sort of".

I also currently have a Mid 2010 Macbook Pro (still running Snow Leopard) that is working well, except for the battery that is old and worn out (Still holds a charge, only lasts for 3-5 hours max).

Now, if I have the White Macbook unplugged (So it's off because of the battery) and I put my Macbook Pro on top of it while the screen is open and I'm logged in, the Macbook Pro goes to sleep and I can't get it to turn on. If I force shut it down by holding the power button and turn it on it will go on and after 20-ish seconds it will go to sleep permanently again.

If I take the Macbook Pro OFF the top of the White Macbook it immediately wakes up. I have no idea why this is happening, and I was wondering if anybody else knows what's going on?
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Give this thread a read. Sounds like you are experiencing the same thing. MacBook Pro Sleeps When Stacked

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

LOL, I remember that thread Sly.... You're really living up to those Stars on your shoulders!
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
LOL, I remember that thread Sly.... You're really living up to those Stars on your shoulders!
Maybe the badge comes with some kind of memory implant chip. All I had to do was remember seeing it. Nick did the heavy lifting.

I'm just amazed I was able to get the search engine to find the right thing without going through a million threads. That thing usually hates me.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid-2010) running slow! | Macbook Pro freezes on log in? »