New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Can't communicate with Canon printer??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

willydmax

willydmax is on a distinguished road

Hello all, my first post here. Looks like a great place. I'm probably posting in the wrong section? Anyway I've got a Macbook Pro 13 with OSx 10.8.4 and I can't seem to communicate with an older Canon printer iSENSYS MF4120. I've tried downloads from Canon's website to no avail. I can print with it using a PC with Windows 7 but that isn't my first choice at all. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Does Canon have 10.8 (Mountain Lion) drivers for the printer? If not, you may not be able to get it to work unless you can find third party drivers.

I just did some checking around and it appears that the latest version of OS X that the printer will work with is Leopard 10.5.8. And yes, unfortunately Windows drivers are available for even Windows 7.

Time to update your printer or just keep using it with Windows.
QUOTE Thanks
willydmax

willydmax is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the help! I was afraid that might be the case.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Logging on problems | 06' MBP RAM upgrade, flashing sleep light »