volume on internal speakers
    well i just got a 2006 macbook pro. first impression was, whoa this thing is heavy. seems to be a pretty good machine, i already have a 2006 macpro desktop, but my second impression is = whats with the speakers. i mean i have the sound turned all the way up and can hardly hear it. i checked the settings in the MIDI setup and they seem right, but still its almost impossible to hear anything out of the speakers. when i use a old pair of nano ear buds its great, in fact i have to turn it down to 1/2 way. am i missing something or doing something wrong. what should i check for.

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 9.7, AppleTV (4)
    Start by Resetting the PRAM.
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

well that helped quite a bit. at least now i can hear it, thanks for the info.

still bad. ear buds , good and i used the usb to connect to my harman kardon candlestick speakers and it sounds great. now if i can connect both my macbook and my desktop to my candlesticks, not hat both would be on at the same time.

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 9.7, AppleTV (4)
    What does 'still bad' mean?

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

means i have to run it full volume and hardly hear it. seems everything but the internal speakers sound great.

Specs:
    That's how you described it intially but then said the PRAM reset helped quite a bit. Has it reverted to how it was to start with?

In System Preferences - Sounds what's listed along with the internal speakers?

internal speakers built-in, and thats it.

Specs:
    And the sound level?

its at max. i have a antique set altec lansing computer speakers with powered sub and they even sound good, just the internal speakers are the problem.

Specs:
    hotrod351 - means i have to run it full volume and hardly hear it. seems everything but the internal speakers sound great.

mrplow - That's how you described it intially but then said the PRAM reset helped quite a bit. Has it reverted to how it was to start with?

The reason I ask is because if it's improved but now reverted there's something on the system modifying its behaviour.

If the PRAM reset helped but not solved the issue - it maybe speaker damage (with it being a second hand device you can't always know its history)

I'd move towards a clean OSX install at this point

well im going to see what the seller is going to do about it. worse case i can send it back for a refund, ebay/paypal, and theyve been good to me so far about problems. thought about upgrading to lion, it has snow leopard on it now, but thats money i shouldnt have to spend. put it like this, i feel that the speakers should sound clear and i in no way have to turn them all the way up.

ok i went out to my truck and plugged the rca mini jack into my aux. front on my sony hear unit, assume sound. now the only connection i havent tried is plugging into the USB on the front of my sony head unit, i figure if the AUX works then the USB should work, after all it plays flash drives. now i just need a car charger for my macbook pro. im sure they make one.

Thread Information