Specs:
    Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16 GB DDR3 Ram running OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion
    Will this work? (Laptop Comparison Question)
    I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, and if it's not I apologize and welcome this thread to be moved to where it would more appropriately go if that is the case, but I've been looking at a website online that sells laptop stuff and a bunch of other things as well, and I was wondering if anybody could answer a question of mine regarding the physical characteristic differences between the Macbook Pro 15" and the Macbook Pro Retina 15"

You see, I was looking at getting this: Laptop Keyboard Skin Cover Protector for Apple MacBook Purple - Tmart.com

And nowhere does it say that it'll work with rMBP. My question is: Is the keyboard section of the rMBP identical to the MBP other than the obvious replacement of the Eject key with a power button?

If so I should theoretically be able to use the Keyboard cover with my Retina Mac, right?

Thank you?

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Apple has been using an identical keyboard layout for all the Unibody MacBook Pros since 2009 with the exception of the Retina in the area you mentioned. I don't have both here to test, but I would bet that a keyboard cover intended for the current MBP would fit over the Retina MBP except for the eject key part as you suggest.

Specs:
    Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16 GB DDR3 Ram running OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion
    Thanks.. it's only 4 bucks so I suppose it can't hurt to try it!

Thread Information