New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Searching For Broken Macbook Pro/Air Unibody

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

KDxLDR

KDxLDR is on a distinguished road

Good Day fellow forum dwellers,

I am searching for a broken Macbook Pro/Air Unibody for an ultimate project that I am working on over the summer. Do you know of any good places, preferably other than eBay, that I can purchase for a modest price?

It doesnt need to have the Hard drive or Battery
It doesnt need to have the Ram installed and it doesnt need the optical drive.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Other than eBay, Craig's List may be the best place to search. Also, if you're the adventurous type, garage sales are a good place to look.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDxLDR View Post
I am searching for a broken Macbook Pro/Air Unibody...

It doesnt need to have the Ram installed and it doesnt need the optical drive.
MacBook Air's don't have optical drives or upgradeable ram.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
KDxLDR

KDxLDR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
MacBook Air's don't have optical drives or upgradeable ram.

- Nick
Thanks I've never taken apart my air only the pro
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDxLDR View Post
Thanks I've never taken apart my air only the pro
No optical drives & non-upgradeable ram have been two key features of Macbook Airs since the first MacBook Air was released in 2008.

If someone is thinking of working on a MacBook Air "project" (whatever that entails)...some extra research should be done to learn a little more about them.

Also...I'm not sure what sort of "project" you're thinking of doing on a MacBook Pro or a MacBook Air...but there's really not a whole lot that can be done. There's really nothing that can be upgraded (other than more ram or larger HD...on the MacBook Pro).

So all someone can be doing in terms of a "project"...is finding a non-working unit...and swapping good parts for bad. And of one of the "bad" parts is the logic board...forgetaboutit.

You may also find that when all is said & done...trying to get a non-working unit working again (many times) it can be less expensive to just purchase a working unit.

The "Macintosh World" & the "Windows World" are TOTALLY different. Most of the time you won't find inexpensive parts for Macintosh computers like you can in the Windows world.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacBook Air - Identify 'Other' Files | Macbook Pro Display Split Into 4 »