New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Putting 2010 HDD into 2006 MBP??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Binary_Kramer

Binary_Kramer is on a distinguished road

Hi all, this is my second or third post on here, I am helping a friend out with his 2006 MacBook Pro, I have a 250GB from a 2010 MacBook Pro, to my knowledge there is an adapter or caddy I can buy to make this switch possible.

I scoured the internet and could not come up with anything that was letting me know what would work, sorry for such a noob style question. If you guys know of anything could you post a link, and also I have access to a microcenter, maybe they would have it?

The stats for the 2006 MBP are below, thanks in advance.

BK

Model Name: MacBook Pro 15"
Model Identifier: MacBookPro1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 1.83 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 2 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP11.0055.B08
SMC Version: 1.2f10
Serial Number: W86136LSVJ0
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binary_Kramer View Post
...to my knowledge there is an adapter or caddy I can buy to make this switch possible.
I'm not really sure what sort of adapter or caddy you are talking about. Any mounting bracket or hardware that is needed is already connected to the HD that is in the 2006 MBP.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

If for some reason this 2006 MBP doesn't have an HD in it...or doesn't have the proper bracket...then this is what you need:

MacBook Pro 15" (Model A1150) Hard Drive Bracket (922-7265, 922-7266) - iFixit

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
Binary_Kramer

Binary_Kramer is on a distinguished road

Thanks big time, pigoo3.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

You're welcome!

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 2006 MacBook with difficult touchpad | External hard drives and MacBooks »