New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MB Air Doesn't find airport

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

568129 is on a distinguished road

Hello Mac-ers,

I disconnected and connected the airport card while the mb Air found itself on. From that point on the problem started. When I connect the airport card connector to the logic board and disconnect the Bluetooth connector to the logic board it won't turn on, however when I connect both airport and Bluetooth connectors the MB air turns on. If I disconnect the airport card while the Bluetooth finds itself connected the Bluetooth changes status. I checked the airport antennas and cleaned the airport card connectors. I have resetted the pram and the Smc. I would really appreciate any help with this.

Kind regards,

Jorge
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

If I understand your post correctly, you disconnected and connected the airport card while your MacBook Air was turned on? If that's what you did, I suspect you blew the airport card and now will need a new one. Never remove an active component from a live circuit as that will very likely destroy it.

I'm not sure where you can get a replacement card for your model MBA but you can try these:

iFixit: The free repair manual

Mac Repair - Mac Parts and Service for Apple Macbook, iPhone, iPad

Mac Parts & Apple Parts Store - Macintosh Parts
QUOTE Thanks

If the Bluetooth and wifi functions find themselves on one card, how come my Bluetooth still works?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 568129 View Post
If the Bluetooth and wifi functions find themselves on one card, how come my Bluetooth still works?
It's possible that only the Airport function was destroyed if both exist on the same card. I've seen that happen with other electronic devices. The more complex the card (multifunction), the more that can go wrong.
QUOTE Thanks

Good News! The airport card has now reappeared when I connect the external dvd drive with the mac os x install disk in it. This seems like a software issue. How can I fix this?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

Quote:
This seems like a software issue. How can I fix this?
Re-install OS X. Drivers are built into OS X so they can't be installed or removed separately. If a kext is out of whack, the only way I know how to fix it is by re-installing.
QUOTE Thanks

I reinstalled snow leopard still nothing
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 2012 15in MBP vs Late 2013 rMBP 13in help! | Is my Mid 2012 MBP fitted with USB3 ? »