New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

PowerBook - What's the longest you've gone without your Mac?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

It's been about a month since I've even touched or seen my Powerbook, and now I finally have it in my hands again. How I've missed it so! I was in the process of moving and forgot it in my room, then left with a load of stuff and was supposed to come back the next day to get it, but ended up having to wait another 2 weeks to come down and get the rest of my stuff to move.. I brought it to my friend's room for some Quake 3 LAN action, and got a bit inebriated and forgot it in his room... So now a week and a half after that, I'm back at my school and I finally have it! What's the longest you've gone without touching your Mac?
QUOTE Thanks
sevenhelmet

sevenhelmet is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminum Macbook 2.4Ghz; Powermac G5 2.3Ghz dual

About 2 weeks. And even if it was a portable, I definitely wouldn't get too drunk to remember to bring it home!!!

"Luck favors the prepared"
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenhelmet
About 2 weeks. And even if it was a portable, I definitely wouldn't get too drunk to remember to bring it home!!!
It wasn't that I was too drunk, just some stuff happened at that particular rez building and I didn't want to get involved, so I just left, and left it there. It was in the safe arms of a fellow Mac-user friend of mine who kept it safe for me.
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

never!!!!

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
LastZion

LastZion is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.53, 4Gigs Ram, 320 HD, Snow Leopard, 500 Gig Time Capsule, 32 Gig White 3GS

About 8 days when I was on vacation... I have to take her into the shop now, looks like it will be 3 days... but I don't want to take it
QUOTE Thanks
macmini3399

macmini3399 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Intel Core solo Mac mini 1.5GHz, Headless Powerbook G4 500MHz

Ive been 1 month without my LC 580 Then It died on me 2 weeks later
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Recently: 3 weeks, 1 day, 6 hours. NOT that I was counting.

The longest I was away from my personal computers was 4 months.

Both instances were caused by the same reason. I was busy traveliing in Australia. Well worth the separation!

On my recent trip during Christmas, I missed having Mac access because I had to use my Visa card using a Windows Internet Cafe box. Veerry Scary!
QUOTE Thanks
johnnymacuser

johnnymacuser is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13" 2.66 GHz 8 GB

We did'nt see each other for 3 hours the other day i felt like my heart was going to explode, i've given it a new screen saver to atone.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MBP coming on valentine's day? | only 1.8 ghz »