Thread: Should I Wait?

College Station, TX
    Should I Wait?
    Hi everyone,

I am planning to purchase a new 13" 2.9 GHz MacBook Pro (Non retina) this summer before I start professional school in the fall. Since there wasnt any mention of the MacBook Pros at yesterdays keynote do you think its possible there will be an update later this summer? It looks to me that the last major update to this line was June 2012 and I am worried that if I buy my MacBook now a new one will be out in a few months. Should I wait to see if there is an update or is it not worth it? Thanks for your input!

Louisville, KY - USA
    MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
    there will always be upgrades coming down the pipe. cant be stopped, shouldnt be stopped.

Buy one, or wait. no matter what, there will be a newer model coming anyway, and generally sooner than you expect/want.
    MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
    MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
    iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Air 2 128 GB LTE, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2

2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.7.5
    Quote Originally Posted by crdolan13 View Post
    Should I wait to see if there is an update or is it not worth it? Thanks for your input!
    Someone purchasing a new computer is ALWAYS concerned about something new coming out right after they purchase something. About the only thing you can do is wait as long as you can...until you absolutely MUST buy something (in this case for school).

Maybe Apple comes out with something in July, maybe September, maybe October, maybe December...who knows.

Like I mentioned. Wait as long as you can...then buy.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    Wait as long as you can...then buy.

- Nick
    I agree. But be sure to give yourself enough time to get aquainted with the OS if this is your first Mac.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

For me i think you should get it now. But that's only my opinion okies? Think a hundred times before you make your decision

27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3
    As best as we can guess, Apple is only a yearly refresh cycle across all of their product lines. Unfortunately, the exact timing is always speculation and so to echo what the others have said. Research the capabilities of the current generation MBP, if it fits you need, budget and timing. Purchase it.

Is the next generation MBP going to have something the current generation doesn't have? Absolutely, that's to be expected. As to what exactly it is going to be is anyone's guess. A processor and GPU upgrade are likely good candidates, but beyond that who knows..

It's hard to chase technology upgrades...

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Thread Information