New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro vs Air

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sjrh43

sjrh43 is on a distinguished road

Desperately need to update my mac book pro but not sure whether an air would be better.

I have to use the Adobe creative suite but most of the other software I use is online.

My only reservation is that I tend to use a lot of applications at the same time, ie:mail, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and I tend to have at least three different browsers open.

I also use a second screen in the office so the screen size would not be an issue and the size and wieght if the Air would be helpful as I move around a lot.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

this has been discussed over and over. when in doubt, go with the more powerful one.

MBP - Built for working.
MBA - built for mobility.

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Gen3 32GB WiFi, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Firstly: Welcome to Mac-Forums!

Secondly: Since you already own a MacBook Pro...then you're not a "Switcher" (the sub-forum this thread was posted in originally). A "Switcher" is someone coming from the "Windows World" probably buying their 1st Apple computer...and new to everything OS X (Thread moved to more appropriate location).

Thirdly: One thing to be aware of...the MacBook Air's don't have dedicated graphics hardware. Given the applications you listed...you may want a new MacBook Pro with dedicated video/graphics hardware.

Also be aware that the 13" MacBook Pro's also do not have dedicated video/graphics hardware. So to get dedicated graphics hardware...you need to get a 15" MacBook Pro.

HTH.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Looking for CPU advice before 13" Retina purchase | Font Sizes MacBook Pro »