Can you buy this at a local apple store?

I was wondering if you can order a macbook pro at a local apple store instead of from the Apple Store Online. The reason for this is because I'd like a tangible receipt where if anything goes wrong, I can go there to the place I bought it and say "Hey, this isn't working correctly." Whereas with ordering online, you can't do that...

Unibody MBP 2.53, 4Gigs Ram, 320 HD, Snow Leopard, 500 Gig Time Capsule, 32 Gig White 3GS
    For the Apple store in Toronto you can get on the waiting list, they call you, you have 24 hours to go and pay and pick it up.

You will probably get it faster ordering online... but I understand your reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch
    ... I can go there to the place I bought it and say "Hey, this isn't working correctly." Whereas with ordering online, you can't do that...

Actually, you can get excellent service online from Apple. Granted, you can't actually walk to a brick and mortar building, but you can call the support line, and they will troubleshoot with you. If there is a real problem, they will send out a box for you to ship it back and have it repaired. I have had to do so with my iPod and an iBook I had in the past. The turnaround time for each was less than one week, and they came back in perfect working order... even better than they were when I first purchased them.
    Posting and YOU|Forum Community Guidelines|The Apple Product Cycle|Forum Courtesy

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    Actually over here (europe) you can take your Apple product to any apple service partner to get fixed or looked at.
    Apple obviously also provides you with a real receipt etc.

Hamilton College
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    Yea I have taken my iMac to the apple store even though I bought it online. I just brough my apple care number (which they could look up anyways) and they took care of everything
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

Great guys, thanks for the info I may order it online then!

Thread Information