New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Wont start!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macsonnew

macsonnew is on a distinguished road

Hi!

I have a 2009 era Macbook pro. After I connect it to the power (the green light is lit up) and then press the power on button, the laptop does not power up. I tried long press, short press, nothing works. No lights light up on the laptop when i press the power button, and there is no startup music or anything like that. This is the same whether I am starting with a battery or without a battery.

As background info, I would like to add this; my laptop had the 'warping' battery issue; the battery became so warped, it was physically impossible to place it on a table. At that point I took it to Apple service, and they advised me to take out the battery and use without a battery till i purchased a replacement battery. At that time, and for a few days more, the laptop worked fine, without battery when connected to mains power. Then a few days later, it just wouldn't start. Thinking a new battery would solve the problem, I purchased a battery. Sadly, and as described above, the laptop does not power up, with or without the battery.

Any ideas and suggestions, will be much appreciated!
QUOTE Thanks
Thatguy16

Thatguy16 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2012 Mac Mini: 500GB-8GH : iPad 2 64GB

My 07' MBP had the same problem quite often, i just bought a new battery and it worked.
Is the charge indicator full on the battery? I often had to let mine charge up before it came to life.

Hopefully this helps, if not though i recommend you go to the nearest apple store of talk to them because that is not normal.

Everyone hates cliffhanger endings because..

Found my advice useful? Use the reputation button in the upper-right corner of my post!
QUOTE Thanks
macsonnew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy16 View Post
My 07' MBP had the same problem quite often, i just bought a new battery and it worked.
Is the charge indicator full on the battery? I often had to let mine charge up before it came to life.

Hopefully this helps, if not though i recommend you go to the nearest apple store of talk to them because that is not normal.
I 've been charging the new battery for days, still wont start. When I press the little button on the battery, all 5 lights light up, does this mean the battery is charging?

I dont have a Apple store anywhere close to where I live, I am still hopeful someone can help me here.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

Alas sure looks like bigger problems that a battery. Either a failed power supply or logic board are first diagnosis.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
Thatguy16

Thatguy16 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2012 Mac Mini: 500GB-8GH : iPad 2 64GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsonnew View Post
I 've been charging the new battery for days, still wont start. When I press the little button on the battery, all 5 lights light up, does this mean the battery is charging?

I dont have a Apple store anywhere close to where I live, I am still hopeful someone can help me here.
I think harry is right, sounds like a hardwear problem
Here is the link for aplle suport: Apple - Support - Contact Apple Support

Everyone hates cliffhanger endings because..

Found my advice useful? Use the reputation button in the upper-right corner of my post!
QUOTE Thanks
macsonnew

There is no more warranty for this, so apple support wont cover it.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

Well they will do the work at a cost. No water spills or anything like that?

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
slehman805

slehman805 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsonnew View Post
Hi!

I have a 2009 era Macbook pro. After I connect it to the power (the green light is lit up) and then press the power on button, the laptop does not power up. I tried long press, short press, nothing works. No lights light up on the laptop when i press the power button, and there is no startup music or anything like that. This is the same whether I am starting with a battery or without a battery.

.....Sadly, and as described above, the laptop does not power up, with or without the battery.

Any ideas and suggestions, will be much appreciated!
I have this same problem with my early 2008 MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz Model 4,1. This actually sounds like the same machine you have. Does yours have silver keys?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Boot Camp issues... | MacBook applications repeatedly crashing »